ConnectStaff has an immediate requirement for a Senior AWS DevOps Engineer. This role will be part developer, part operations, all continuous integration and delivery expert. They will be integral to the design, set up, automation, and maintenance of our entire integration and delivery pipeline. The ideal candidate should have a deep software development background married with effective intercommunication skills to promote compromise with developers, support engineers, customers, and senior management. They will be embedded within the development teams, working with clients and other engineers and developers gathering requirements, architecting and communicating an end-to-end, automated CI/CD pipeline.
Clearance Requirement: Public Trust eligible.
Location: This position will be based out of Reston, VA, but will require visits to our client site in Washington, DC.
- Gather requirements to understand the big picture of what the client is trying to accomplish regarding DevOps/CI/CD, and then design and develop the strategies and frameworks necessary to execute
- Manage a small team of junior and mid-level DevOps Engineers
- Work closely with a team of developers and QA engineers, understand and anticipate the agile infrastructure needs of the development and testing processes
- Create an environment where development, QA, testing and production work can proceed in an automated fashion securely, efficiently, and flexibly
- Work with modern automation and configuration management tool to automate DevOps tasks such as code check-in, software builds, smoke testing, server provisioning, and distributed system installations and builds moving through multiple environments
- Enable Developers and Operations to build and deploy applications to multiple environments quickly and rapidly with “one button click” ease
- Provision, configure, and manage AWS cloud resources using Infrastructure as Code (IAC)
- Drive improvements to our build and release scripts, tools, and processes.
- Collaborate with peers on implementation of new aspects of DevOps
- Use monitoring tools to find problems, resolve and/or escalate to support and application development and ensure that we exceed our service levels
- Understand and contribute to the creation of system support documents, operational run books, and build recipes for server configuration
- Learn on the job and explore new technologies with no supervision
Knowledge and Skills:
- Deep experience with:
- Docker, AWS ECS, Kubernetes, AWS EKS, and Fargate
- CI tools such as Jenkins
- Deployment management technologies such as CloudFormation and Ansible
- Expert knowledge of AWS cloud services
- Experience with the Software Development Life Cycle
- Experience performing trade-off analysis of different strategies
- Experience documenting, articulating, and garnering technical and management buy-in on an overarching DevOps plan
- Proficient ability to write complex code and scripts in a major language (Bourne Shell, Python, Groovy, Java etc.) for automation and testing
- Guru-level troubleshooting experience and a passion for providing excellent service to all internal and external customers
- Experience working in an agile environment
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor degree in a related field
- 8+ years of experience in a specifically DevOps role supporting developers by providing infrastructure, maintaining CI/CD systems
- 10+ years of experience in overall software development and distributed applications