ConnectStaff is actively recruiting candidates to fulfill a critical role in the support of Defense Health Agency’s (DHA) LAN/WAN environment. This position serves as liaison between a given hospital CIO and the DHA for network related issues, with duties also including ongoing LAN/WAN support of the enterprise; basically, part ambassador and part engineer/technician.
About this government customer: DHA is a joint, integrated Combat Support Agency that enables the Army, Navy, and Air Force medical services to provide a medically ready force and ready medical force to Combatant Commands in both peacetime and wartime.
About this contract and ConnectStaff: A five-year contract (will run through 2024) has recently been awarded to SBD Alliant. ConnectStaff is a subcontractor and largely responsible for the recruiting/staffing of this contract.
What are we looking for in a candidate?
- A combination of experience and education that meets the minimum requirements as described in the Contractual Qualifications attached
- Active Secret or Public Trust Clearance
- An active IAT Level II certification (or above) + Computing Environment (CE) certification
- IAT Level II certification must be active to start; CE certification must be achieved within 6 months of start date
- CCNA universally accepted as the CE certification, but other certifications (Ruckus, Brocade, etc.) are acceptable depending upon the specific site
- Desire to provide network support for one of the world’s largest healthcare enterprises
What’s unique about this opportunity?
There are currently almost 80 sites globally supported by this contract and, likewise, it provides a unique opportunity for those that may be interested in experiencing life at different locations across the world. The full list of current sites is included on the final page of this document. Furthermore, the number of sites is expected to increase by more than 50%…providing even more options in the near future (see attached list of potential new locations).
With that said, once on the contract, relocation isn’t ever a requirement…just an option. It provides an opportunity to serve in a role that is both strategic (as a critical liaison between the local hospital CIO and DHA) and technical (being “hands on” the latest technologies from a “day to day” perspective).
We almost always have openings somewhere; it’s just a matter of which specific sites are open at any given time.
If you have any interest in learning more about this program, or know of someone that might be, contact Drew McDanald (ConnectStaff President) at 512.657.3325 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For those that would like to view more details regarding the qualifications, especially as it relates to the minimum combination of experience and education, please review the Contractual Qualifications attached.