ConnectStaff is actively recruiting candidates to fulfill a critical role in the support of Defense Health Agency’s (DHA) LAN/WAN environment. This position serves as liaison between a given hospital CIO and the DHA for network related issues, with duties also including ongoing LAN/WAN support of the enterprise; basically, part ambassador and part engineer/technician.
About this government customer: DHA is a joint, integrated Combat Support Agency that enables the Army, Navy, and Air Force medical services to provide a medically ready force and ready medical force to Combatant Commands in both peacetime and wartime.
What are we looking for in a candidate?
- A combination of experience and education that meets the minimum requirements (see page 3 of the document linked at the bottom of the page)
- Previously held one of the following government clearances (and been Active within the past 2 years):
- National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI)
- National Agency Check with Law and Credit (NACLC)
- Secret Clearance or above (i.e., Top Secret)
- Other (really any federal background investigation that would have resulted in a candidate being in the Joint Personnel Adjudication System, more commonly known as JPAS)
- Current IAT Level II (or Level III) certification
- DoD IAT Level II certs: Security+CE, CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, and SSCP
- DoD IAT Level III certs: CISSP (or Associate), CASP CE, CCNP Security, CISA, GCED, and GCIH
- CCNA (or above) OR ability to obtain within 6 months
- Desire to provide network support for one of the world’s largest healthcare enterprises
What’s unique about this opportunity?
There are almost 80 sites globally supported by this contract and, likewise, it provides a unique opportunity for those that may be interested in experiencing life at different locations across the world. We almost always have openings somewhere; it’s just a matter of which specific sites are open at any given time. The full list of sites is included on the final page of the document linked below.
With that said, once on the contract, relocation isn’t ever a requirement but, instead, an option. It provides an opportunity to serve in a role that is both strategic (as a critical liaison between the local hospital CIO and DHA) and technical (being “hands on” the latest technologies from a “day to day” perspective).
If you have any interest in learning more about this program, or know of someone that might be, please reach out to Drew McDanald (ConnectStaff recruiter) at 512.657.3325 or email@example.com. For those that would like to view more details regarding the qualifications, especially as it relates to the minimum combination of experience and education, please click the link below.